DIY Modern Plant Stand+ Seating Area {Home on a Budget}

So what do you do when you have a sandlot for your back yard and you can't afford to landscape right now and people are coming over for a birthday party? You make your own plant stands to jazz the place up a bit of course!

Living in a rental has it's perks for sure, but typically one of them isn't the backyard landscaping. But when the weather is nice you need a place to sit outside while your toddler runs around and plays in the sandlot as well.

And when you know people are coming over this southern gal can't NOT have a place for people to sit! Gasp!






I decided on this little project because it's super easy, super affordable and super available. My three faves!

You could use preloved items as well which makes it even better!

Supplies for planters:

Tomato plant cages
Pots with rims
Plants/Soil
Wire cutters
Gloves
Sand paper
Spray paint (optional)


Take your tomato cages and stand them on the finished circular area.



Next cut off the loose prongs down to the next ring, in order to make a finished edge. This took a little work for this wimpy hand lady. But nothing too difficult to handle.



If the edges are still a little rough sand down till smooth.

Next if you want spray paint or paint your plant stands. ( i skipped this step. i liked the raw metal)

Next, plant your succulents or any plant you like in your pots. You'll want to pick pots that have a rim and can sit on one of the "circles".

I used a succulent and Basil plant because thats what I had available :)  You can choose any plant you like thats available to you in your area. Or in my case that I can keep alive!

Then, set your pot in the stand!


Viola! Done!

How easy is that?

The possibilities are endless with this project which is kinda why I love it. An herb garden, a succulent city, a fern frenzy!

I also noticed that they make the tomato cages in several colors if you can find them so no need for painting if your lazy like me!

I added plastic Adirondack chairs from Lowes in grownup and kid size to finish out the little seating area. I plan to add an outdoor rug, if I can find one I like, and maybe even a fire pit of sorts!


I hope this gives you a little inspiration to give your yard a little pizzazz!

XO
Jemimah

Comments

Popular Posts