Sliding Glass Door Panel {Quick Change Green DIY}


Hello friends! 

                                                               
How are you? Whats new in your neck of the woods?


I'm over here trying to tame the wild toddler while getting house work done. Ha!! 
Well I don't know about you but I'm not a fan of the plastic, easy to break, panels that are so common on sliding glass doors to provide shade and privacy. Not only are they impractical but the fact they are in rentals is so frustrating. I understand the reason, but they are SO un-homey to people living around them and don't get me started on the cleaning aspect!  
Y'all know how much I love a quick DIY but do you also know I really care about not adding waste when possible? It is so important to me to shop my home and use what I have if possible. This is not only budget friendly, stretches my creativity and I know I'll like the supplies because they're already in my house, of course this is a better choice for the environment. Huzzah!  

It's also important me to model the things to my little helper as well. I want him to use his creative mind and his heart when he goes to make decision about things, even the little things. Nothing is ever thrown "away" and contentment is an important muscle to exercise.

                   
So I've got to get these panels down! Need to make this place a little more like home without blowing the budget or my day! First step, get a helper because that makes it more fun! Ha!
The panels are very easy to remove. Just unclip from the track. Once down, I gathered them and slid under our bed to be out of the way. This also keeps them safe from little hands until I need to replace them once more.  
Next I decided what I would put up there to replace the panels. I knew I needed something to add some privacy, but wasn't too heavy on the sliding track. Since its a clip system I knew I wouldn't have to have grommets or even an actual curtain to do the job.
Enter the vintage sheet! Oh how I love a vintage sheet! I purchased this one from an instagram sale believe it or not a few years ago! I love the bold pattern and it fits all the criteria.
I simply attached the sheet to the track clips already installed and it was good to go! 
Thats the beauty of sheets. They're already hemmed with finished edges.



 Now we have light and privacy when we need it without the worry of tearing up something that doesn't belong to us. No renters damage fees for this gal!



I love how it makes the space feel.With just a little thought and ingenuity you can make any space feel more like home! 

What is a quick trick you've been able to use in your home recently? I'd love to hear your adventures in the comments below!

Happy DIYing!

XO
Jemimah

Comments

Popular Posts